他们像两个精灵,老对我劝诱;
Which like two spirits do suggest me still;
善精灵是个男子,十分漂亮,
The better angel is a man right fair,
恶精灵是个女人,颜色坏透。
The worser spirit a woman coloured ill.
我那女鬼要骗我赶快进地狱,
To win me soon to hell, my female evil
就从我身边诱开了那个善精灵,
Tempteth my better angel from my side,
教我那圣灵堕落,变做鬼蜮,
And would corrupt my saint to be a devil,
用恶的骄傲去媚惑他的纯真。
Wooing his purity with her foul pride.
我怀疑到底我那位天使有没有
And whether that my angel be turned fiend
变成恶魔,我不能准确地说出;
Suspect I may, yet not directly tell;
但两个都走了,他们俩成了朋友,
But being both from me, both to each friend,
我猜想一个进了另一个的地府。
I guess one angel in another's hell.
但我将永远猜不透,只能猜,猜,
Yet this shall I ne'er know, but live in doubt,
等待那恶神把那善神赶出来。
Till my bad angel fire my good one out.