能带着缺陷把我的心灵指挥?
With insufficiency my heart to sway?
能教我胡说我忠实的目光撒谎,
To make me give the lie to my true sight
并断言阳光没有使白天明媚?
And swear that brightness doth not grace the day?
用什么方法,你居然化丑恶为美丽,
Whence hast thou this becoming of things ill
使你的种种恶行——如此不堪,
That in the very refuse of thy deeds
却具有无可争辩的智慧和魅力,
There is such strength and warrantize of skill
使你的极恶在我心中胜过了至善?
That in my mind thy worst all best exceeds?
愈多听多看,我愈加对你厌恶,
Who taught thee how to make me love thee more,
可谁教给你方法使我更爱你?
The more I hear and see just cause of hate?
虽然我爱着别人憎厌的人物,
O, though I love what others do abhor,
你不该同别人来憎厌我的心意:
With others thou shouldst not abhor my state:
你毫不可爱,居然激起了我的爱,
If thy unworthiness raised love in me,
那我就更加有价值让你爱起来。
More worthy I to be beloved of thee.