不过你发誓爱我,就两度背了信;
But thou art twice forsworn, to me love swearing;
床头盟你撕毁,新的誓言你背弃,
In act thy bed-vow broke, and new faith torn
你结下新欢,又萌发新的憎恨。
In vowing new hate after new love bearing.
但是,你违了两个约,我违了一打半——
But why of two oaths' breach do I accuse thee,
还要责备你?我罚的假咒可多了;
When I break twenty? I am perjured most,
我罚的咒呀,全把你罚了个滥,
For all my vows are oaths but to misuse thee,
我的信誉就都在你身上失落了:
And all my honest faith in thee is lost;
因为我罚咒罚得凶,说你顶和善,
For I have sworn deep oaths of thy deep kindness,
说你爱得挺热烈,挺忠贞,不会变;
Oaths of thy love, thy truth, thy constancy;
我为了给你光彩,让自己瞎了眼,
And, to enlighten thee, gave eyes to blindness,
或让眼发誓——发得跟所见的相反;
Or made them swear against the thing they see;
我曾罚过咒,说你美:这是个多么
For I have sworn thee fair; more perjured eye,
虚伪的谎呀,我罚的假咒不更多么!
To swear against the truth so foul a lie.