这是我们最新的气球他可以通过在空中多达2英里的垂直运动从20000公里外的地方飘到距离目的地误差小于500米的地方。
This particular balloon, our latest balloon, can navigate a two-mile vertical stretch of sky and can sail itself to within 500 meters of where it wants to go from 20,000 kilometers away.
我们还有更多要做的事,包括系统的微调和减少开销。
We have lots more to do in terms of fine-tuning the system and reducing costs.
去年一个造价不贵的气球用187天周游了全世界19次。
But last year, a balloon built inexpensively went around the world 19 times over 187 days.
我们将继续努力。
So we're going to keep going.
现在我们的气球可以满足一个复杂系统的所有需求。
Our balloons today are doing pretty much everything a complete system needs to do.
我们在和世界各地的通信公司联系,而且我们今年将在印度尼西亚的上空进行实地的测试。
We're in discussions with telcos around the world, and we're going to fly over places like Indonesia for real service testing this year.
这些如果成真了就太美妙了。
This probably all sounds too good to be true, and you're right.
无畏地从事重大的,有风险的工作让很多人从心里感到不适。
Being audacious and working on big, risky things makes people inherently uncomfortable.
你不能简单地逼迫他们尽快失败。
You cannot yell at people and force them to fail fast.
他们会抗拒,会担心。
People resist.
They worry.
“如果我失败了会发生什么?”
"What will happen to me if I fail?
“人们会嘲笑我么?”
Will people laugh at me?
“我会被开除么?”
Will I be fired?"
演讲的开始我分享了我的秘密。
I started with our secret.
现在我将告诉各位这是怎么做到的。
I'm going to leave you with how we actually make it happen.
让人们敢于挑战那些重大的有挑战性的工作的唯一办法,让他们直面问题中最难的那部分的的唯一办法,就是
The only way to get people to work on big, risky things — audacious ideas — and have them run at all the hardest parts of the problem first, is if you make that the path of least resistance for them.
在X公司我们努力让失败看起来很正常。
We work hard at X to make it safe to fail.
当团队发现了明显的问题就扼杀他们的想法因为他们会因此得到奖励。
Teams kill their ideas as soon as the evidence is on the table because they're rewarded for it.
会得到同事的掌声。
They get applause from their peers.
会得到主管,尤其是我的拥抱和击掌。
Hugs and high fives from their manager, me in particular.
他们因此而被提拔。
They get promoted for it.
我们对终结一个计划的团队的每个人都会进行嘉奖,无论团队里是2个人还是超过30个人。
We have bonused every single person on teams that ended their projects, from teams as small as two to teams of more than 30.
斯蒂芬尼.怀特:我将让她向大家做自我介绍。
Stephanie White: I'm going to let her introduce herself to everybody.
你能告诉大家你的名字吗?
Can you tell everybody your name?