这个物种属于“Pachysoma”属。
It's from a genus called Pachysoma.
“Pachysoma”属包含13个不同的物种,它们有种行为很特别,我想你会很感兴趣。
There are 13 species in the genus, and they have a particular behavior that I think you will find interesting.
看这只蜣螂,注意看它在干嘛。
This is a dung beetle.
Watch what he's doing.
你看到不同了么?
Can you spot the difference?
它们运动的比看起来要快很多,现在是慢速播放。
They don't normally go this slowly.
It's in slow motion.
它在向前走,事实上它随身带了一个粪丸子。
but it's walking forwards, and it's actually taking a pellet of dry dung with it.
虽然这是同一属中不同的物种,但是觅食行为都是完全一致的。
This is a different species in the same genus but exactly the same foraging behavior.
我们刚才观察到的行为称为“路径整合(pathintegration)”。
So what we're looking at here is a behavior called path integration.
这个的意思是说蜣螂知道巢穴的位置,它沿着弯弯绕绕的路线寻找食物,一旦它找到了食物,它沿着直线返回巢穴。
And what's taking place is that the beetle has got a home spot, it goes out on a convoluted path looking for food, and then when it finds food, it heads straight home.
It knows exactly where its home is.
它清楚的知道家在哪里。
And what's taking place is that the beetle has got a home spot, it goes out on a convoluted path looking for food, and then when it finds food, it heads straight home.
It knows exactly where its home is.
有两种方式可以做到这一点,我们可以通过挪动蜣螂巢穴位置的办法来确定它使用的是哪种方式。
Now there's two ways it could be doing that, and we can test that by displacing the beetle to a new position when it's at the foraging site.
如果它使用的是地标信息,那么它会找到自己的巢穴;反之如果使用的是路径整合,它就会找不到,跑到一个错误的位置去。
If it's using landmarks, it will find its home.
在这里使用“路径整合”的意思是指它记得走过的步数或走过的距离。
If it is using something called path integration, it will not find its home.
It will arrive at the wrong spot, and what it's doing here if it's using path integration is it's counting its steps or measuring the distance out in this direction.
它知道家的方向,知道应该往那里走。
It knows the bearing home, and it knows it should be in that direction.
如果巢穴被挪动,它将会走到错误的地方。
If you displace it, it ends up in the wrong place.
现在我们来看看这个蜣螂在相似的实验中如何反应。
So let's see what happens when we put this beetle to the test with a similar experiment.
所以我们现在看到的这些动物它们会辨方向,它们使用太阳作为自己的指南针来寻找它们的路,它们还拥有某种形式上的距离测算系统我们知道这些动物能够记住自己走过的步数它们用步数统计作为自己的里程表来找到它们回家的路。
So what we're looking at here are a group of animals that use a compass, and they use the sun as a compass to find their way around, and they have some sort of system for measuring that distance, and we know that these species here actually count the steps.
That's what they use as an odometer, a step-counting system, to find their way back home.
我们还不知道蜣郎是怎么做到的。
We don't know yet what dung beetles use.
我将向你们展示网络罪犯们的一些最新、最邪恶的作品。
I'm going to be showing some of the cybercriminals' latest and nastiest creations.
所以,请不要去下载我将展示的病毒。
So basically, please don't go and download any of the viruses that I show you.
今天,计算机病毒和木马程序被用来做各种事情,如盗取数据,打开你的网络摄像头偷窥,甚至窃取数十亿美金。
So today, computer viruses and trojans, designed to do everything from stealing data to watching you in your webcam to the theft of billions of dollars.
有些恶意代码甚至能攻击能源、公共和基础设施。
Some malicious code today goes as far as targeting power, utilities and infrastructure.
如今的网络罪犯到底长什么样子?
Today's cybercriminal, what do they look like?
很多人脑中会浮现出这样的画面,一个满脸粉刺的小伙子窝在地下室里,为了出名肆意发动黑客袭击。
Well, many of you have the image, don't you, of the spotty teenager sitting in a basement, hacking away for notoriety.