二魔道:"唐僧来了。"
“The Tang Priest is here,” said the junior demon king.
众妖道:"唐僧在那里?"
“Where?” the other demons asked.
那唐僧原是金蝉长老临凡,十世修行的好人,所以有这样云缥缈。"
“The Tang Priest is an incarnation of the Venerable Golden Cicada.
He's a holy man who has cultivated his conduct for ten lives.
That's why he has that auspicious cloud.”
众怪都不看见,二魔用手指道:"那不是?"
When the others still could not see it the junior demon king pointed again and said, “There it is.
一连指了三指,他就一连打了三个寒噤,心神不宁道:"徒弟啊,我怎么打寒噤么?"
Sanzang shuddered thrice in the saddle, once each time the demon pointed. “Why did I shudder, disciples?” he asked uneasily.
行者道:"胡说,师父是走着这深山峻岭,必然小心虚惊。
“Nonsense,” said Monkey, “it must be because these steep mountains make the master feel nervous.
等老孙把棒打一路与你压压惊。"
You'll feel better when I've cleared the path with my cudgel.”
好行者,理开棒,在马前丢几个解数,上三下四,左五右六,尽按那六韬三略,使起神通。
Monkey then ran through all the routines in the military manuals as he swung his cudgel up and down and all around in front of his master's horse.
那长老在马上观之,真个是寰中少有,世上全无。
The Tang Priest watched as he displayed divine powers unmatched on earth.
剖开路一直前行,险些儿不唬倒那怪物。
At the sight of Monkey hacking his way forward the demon almost died of terror;
他在山顶上看见,魂飞魄丧。
his souls went flying as he watched from the mountain top.
忽失声道:"几年间闻说孙行者,今日才知话不虚传果是真。"
“Well,” he found himself saying, “now I know that all I've been hearing about Sun the Novice for years is absolutely true.”
众怪上前道:"大王,怎么长他人之志气,灭自己之威风?
“Your Majesty,” said the junior demons, coming up to him, “you're boosting your enemy and making yourself small.
Why?”
二魔道:"孙行者神通广大,那唐僧吃他不成。"
“With Monkey's magic powers we'll never be able to eat the Tang Priest,” said Silver Horn.”
众怪道:"大王,你没手段,等我们着几个去报大大王,教他点起本洞大小兵来,摆开阵势,合力齐心,怕他走了那里去!"
“If you're not up to it,” said the junior demons, “we'll send some of us to ask the senior king to send all the troops in our cave into battle.
If we all work together they can't possibly get away.”
二魔道:"你们不曾见他那条铁棒,有万夫不当之勇,我洞中不过有四五百兵,怎禁得他那一棒?"
“You've never seen that iron cudgel,” said the junior king. “He's more than a match for a whole army, so with only four or five hundred of us we wouldn't have a hope against that cudgel of his.”
众妖道:"这等说,唐僧吃不成,却不把猪八戒错拿了?
“In that case,” said the other demons, “we'll never be able to eat the Tang Priest.
There was no point in capturing Pig.
二魔道:"拿便也不曾错拿,送便也不好轻送。
“We were right to capture him and shouldn't let him go,” said the junior king.
唐僧终是要吃,只是眼下还尚不能。"
“We may not be able to eat the Tang Priest yet but sooner or later we will.”
众妖道:"这般说,还过几年么?"
“How many years will that take?” the others asked.
二魔道:"也不消几年。
“It won't be a matter of years,” replied the junior king.
众妖道:"大王如定计拿他,可用我等?"
“Please find a place for us in your plan, Your Majesty,” said the little demons.
二魔道:"你们都各回本寨,但不许报与大王知道。
“Go back to the camp,” the junior demon king told them, “but don't let on to His Senior Majesty.
若是惊动了他,必然走了风讯,败了我计策。
If he gets alarmed and gives the game away our plan will be ruined.