有一天我们吃过晚饭,雨已经住了,天空渐渐地开朗起来。
One it day, it had rained until we finished supper.
傍晚 的空气很凉爽。
The sky was gradually clearing up, and the evening air was nice and cool.
"二十吊钱,一个小孩儿,真不易!
Oh my, it's a small kid!
他为什么不 回答呢?
Why didn't he answer?
声音里漏出了一点痛苦来。
There was a note of pain in his voice.
我们找不出话来了。
Words failed us.
在我 知道了他的惨痛的遭遇以后,我究竟应该拿什么话劝他呢?
What could I Say as regards his misfortune?
他不加思索,就对小孩发表他的道德的 见解: "小孩儿,听我说。
He unhesitatingly aired his opinion from a moral point of view. "Listen to me, kid.
你现在很好了。
You're now doing quite well.
他究竟是你的天伦。
A fter all, he's your father.
他那声音,他那 态度⋯⋯他的愤怒仿佛传染到我的心上来了。
His tone, his attitude, his hatred..
Seemed to have affected me deeply.
我开始恨起他的父亲 来。
I too began to hate his father.
两部车子在北长街的 马路上滚着。
The two rickshaws kept moving along Beichang Street.
他 能够用自己的两只手举起生活的担子,不害怕,不悲哀。
He was using both hands to bear the burden of life.
他能够做别 的生在富裕的环境里的小孩所不能够做的事情,而且有着他们所不敢 有的思想。
Life is a melting pot which hardens the will of children like him so 09 ov 189 that they are able to withstand the bitterest blows of life ever.
就在这个时候,车子到了公园的后门。
Just then we found ourselves at the back gate of the park.
我们下了车,付了车钱。
We got off and paid the fares.
我从没有见 过这么骄傲、这么倔强、这么坚定的眼光。
I had never seen eyes showing so much pride, indomitability and resoluteness.
我们买了票走进公园,我还回过头去看小孩四,他正拉着一个新 的乘客昂起头跑开了。
While entering the park after buying the tickets, I turned round to take a last look at the boy.