记得有一回在新年里,我到二伯父家去玩。
One day during lunar new year, I remember, I happened to be chased after by a big black dog while T was playing about in the garden of Second Uncle's home.
后来我上了洋楼, 才躲过这一场灾难Q,没有让狗嘴咬坏我的腿。
Fortunately, after running past several flower beds.
Gave him the slip by rushing upstairs in a storeyed building.
Thus avoiding the mishap of having my legs bitten by the fierce animal.
我愈怕,狗愈凶。
And the more scared I was, the fiercer he became.
有一天不知道因为什么,我忽然觉得怕狗 是很可耻的事情。
As I was growing up, one day it suddenly dawned on me somehow that it was shameful to be afraid of a dog.
它望着我狂吠,它张大嘴,它做出要扑过 来的样子。
He barked angrily with his mouth wide open as if he were about to run at me.
但是它并不朝着我前进一步。
But, nevertheless, he never moved a single step towards me.
它用怒目看我,我便也用怒目看它。
He glowered at me, and so did at him.
它始终保持着我和它中间的 距离。
But he always kept the Same distance between us.
这样地过了一阵子,我便转身走了。
After a time, the minute my back was turned he immediately followed in pursuit.
它望着我恶叫,却不敢朝我扑过来。
He would bark furiously at the sight of me.
我 用轻蔑的眼光看它,我顿脚,我对它吐出骂语。
I stared at him scornfully, stamped my feet and shouted vicious abuse.
它马上 净 掉转身子夹着尾巴就跑,并不等我的第二块石子落到它的头上。
He let out a piteous cry apparently with pain and.
Before my second stone was to fall upon his head, quickly turned round to run away with the tail between the legs.
我望着逃去了的狗影,轻蔑地冷笑两声。
I gazed after the fleeing animal and gave a disdainful laugh.