"十二年来,你第一次说出这 不容我回答,你接着说:明天吧!
And you added before I could reply, "How about tomorrow!
我一天也不能等下去了。
I can't wait any longer, not even a single day.
这个不可逆转的事实,只需二十多个小时,就要变成现实。
The irreversible was to become a fait accompli in a little more a than twenty hours.
一切都是很简单的。
All would be very simple.
不需要酒宴和仪式,不需要通知任何亲友, 只需禀告父母,只需要把床铺换上全新的被褥。
All had to do was inform my parents, and put on brand-new bed-clothes.
我以为结婚是个人生命史上十分隆重的事件,我完全没有必要把 很多相干与不相干的人请来,像召开"新闻发布会"一样在烟酒糖果 之间宣布我们的结合,在漫天酒气中让人来祝贺来摆布来评头品足。
To me, marriage is a very solemn matter in one's life and therefore it is absolutely unnecessary to invite a great many people to the wedding, both related and unrelated, and announce to them our matrimony with cigarettes, wine and sweets like at a news briefing, SO that they can indulge in wining, expressing good wishes, chatting about the bride's appearance and what not.
我没有虚荣心,我不需要显摆不需要张扬,我不需要任何人认 可,也不需要贿赂传统的與论。
I don't seek the approval of anyone, nor do I try 1 tO buy over those holding conventional views on marriage.
结婚是我们个人的事,我们完全有权利选择与常规不同的形式。
We are fully entitled to gO about it in a way of our own choice, unconventional as it may be.
我不需要任何人参加我的婚礼,安谧和神秘的氛围正是我为这利 神圣的生命仪式所作的设计。
I don't expect the presence of many guests at my wedding because tranquility plus an air of mystery is what I design for thiis once-in-a-lifetime sacred ceremony.
属于我处女的最后一个白天是我一个人静静地待在房里,我悄悄 地布置着我的新房,我用我的双手不停地做这做那,以分散我纷乱的 喜悦悄悄地在身体里渗透,与之俱来的更多的是恐惧和忧虑,也 有一种不可挽回的悲哀。
On the last day of my virginity, I stayed indoors alone, quietly decorating my wedding chamber.
我好像是一块苍白的画布,将要被涂上各种颜色的图案,我不无 痛惜地感觉,好像面临一种破坏性的灾难。
I felt like a pale canvas soon to be daubed with a multicoloured pattern.
这一个白天真是漫长,让我有足够的时间回顾三十五年的过去。
It was a long day, long enough for me to muse over the past thirty- five years.
不容推却的那个夜终于姗姗来迟。
The unshirkable night came at last.
屋外突然锣鼓喧天,鼓乐齐鸣,爆竹 和焰火把黑夜涂抹得五彩斑斓。
Firecrackers and fireworks sent the dark night blazing with colour.
这是为我们奏起的鼓乐么?
Was the music for us?
夜终于静下去,鼓乐沉没了,一切声响都已停歇。
The night finally relapsed into silence.
电灯已经关掉, 新房里燃着两支红烛。
The light was switched off, leaving two red candles buring away in the room.
我坐在红烛之下。
I sat by the red candles.
你坐在客厅的沙发上。
You sat in an armchair in the drawing room.
我突然希望我们之间隔河隔渡似的对峙永远下去。
T suddenly wished we would both remain permanently where we were as if a separated by a ravine between us.
你的脚步很重很重,一步一步踏在我紧绷的心弦上。
Just then you began to move towards me.
Listened to your heavy steps with a throbbing heart.
你离我越来越近了。
You came nearer and nearer.
不怕直说,我是相当欣赏自己的。
On Self-Appreciation Ying Pei'an Frankly, I very much appreciate myself.
我承认自己有许多不如人的地 方,但也知道并不老是这样差劲。
Yes, I admit I'm in respects not as good as other people, but I don't think I'm always no good.