" 老酋长笑笑说: "孩子,那条路我当年也走过,你说的鸟语花香的地方不是山 顶,而是山麓。
That's a real nice place."" The old tribal chief replied smilingly, "Son, I've been there before.
" 一周以后,第二个年轻人也回来了。
Now can leave." A week later.
The second young man also returned.
我看到高大肃穆的松树林。
He looked terribly weary and his face was weather-beaten. "Lord, I've been to the mountaintop where I saw groves of tall, solemn pine trees and vultures circling in the air.
孩子,那不是山顶,那是山腰。
It's the foot of the mountain.
" 一个月过去了,大家都开始为第三位年轻人的安危担心,他却一 步一蹭,衣不蔽体地回来了。
But you Now you can had a real tough time.
Leave." A month later, everybody began to worry about the safety of the third young man.
他发枯8唇燥,只剩下清炯的眼神: "酋长,我终于到达山顶。
However, he finally showed up, hobbling along in rags.
Hair was off-coloured and his lips parched, but his eyes were clear and bright. "Lord, I succeeded in reaching the summit.
但是,我该怎么说呢?
Well, what shall I say I to you about it?
难道连蝴蝶也没有一只吗?
Not even a butterfly? "No, lord, nothing.
你所能看到的,只有你自己,只 有'个人'被放在天地间的渺小感,只有想起干古英雄"的悲激心情。
You feel how insignificant you are in this infinite universe and how sorrowtul and agitated you are the thought of heroes through the ages." "Son, you've reached the real mountaintop.
" "孩子,你到的是真的山顶。
That's a real nice place." "What a pity!" said the tribal chief. "Son, you've been halfway the mountain rather than to its summit.
按照我们的传统,无疑要立你做新 酋长,祝福你。
According to our tradition, you'll undoubtedly be made our new tribal chief.
" 真英雄何所遇?
What makes a real hero?
u他遇到的是全身的伤痕,是孤单的长途,以及 愈来愈真切的渺小感。
A real hero has cuts and bruises all over his body, he is all alone on a long journey and he feels with increasing sincerity how small he is.